Monday, August 3, 2009

Things have been crazy.

Wow, things can seem to go from worse to WTF????

My husband and I have had this best friend for a long long time. 14 years me, and 26 years for him. This best friend has been with us through all these bad times with my father, he has helped even when it came to getting him sober and watching him while he was sober at times to make sure he was not drinking. This friend is a recovering drug and alcohol addict. He knows where it gets you and how fast you can get there. So why is it, that I find out from one of my dad's neighbors that he has been staying at my dads house??????

You see, Mike (the BF) had started a new job about 3 months ago. We all thought that this would be a bad idea - INCLUDING HIS WIFE. This new "job" took him in the hooks of some old and unsavory friends. The friends who got him in his first predicament. The one that landed him in crack houses and whorehouses, then jail - SEVERAL TIMES - and then a sober living house for 2 years. Needless - he ended up meeting a girl that he dated for 6 months and she was 15 he was 21. They weren't allowed to see each other so they had to break up. Now it seems 18 years later they have reunited and "it feels so good". So he is leaving his wife, this is where it puts him in a little bind. He leaves his house to move out for this girl and has no place to go, so he visits my father to see "how he is doing", tells him of his predicament and my father asked him stay with him. DUH! Put a current alcoholic and a recovered alcoholic together and it spells tragedy.

So I call Mike and ask if he is staying at my dads house. "Yes, and I am sorry you had to find out, I was going to try to keep it from you." WTF?????? I have never been so hurt. It is difficult to feel like there is a gigantic knife in my back. He promised to leave my dads house and he did as a test to his friendship. But I am not sure if I can repair the hole in our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment